By law, chicken breasts we buy in stores are free of antibiotics and hormones. Chicken meat as well as offal is a valuable source of protein, vitamins and minerals. If you want to be even more sure that you are eating healthy chicken, choose certified chicken breasts or farm chicken.
For all those who love chicken meat and are just starting their adventure with barbecue, we have prepared a small guide on how to grill chicken breast. And although the preparation of juicy, properly toasted meat is not difficult for many people, it is very often that the meat dries and burns, which makes it not taste as good as it should. These few tips and steps will allow beginners to master the grill level and, hopefully, will also help experienced barbecue enthusiasts!
Grilled marinated breast – recipe
Ingredients for marinade:
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- finely grated zest and juice from 2 organic lemons
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of red pepper powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place the fillets on a large plate and evenly cover with marinade, applying it with a spoon or brush. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare the grill for grilling by direct method at medium temperature. Remember to clean the grill grate with a brush before grilling.
- Place chicken breast fillets on the wire rack with the smooth side down and grill directly at medium temperature with the lid closed for 8-12 minutes, until the meat hardens and roasts well. Turn the chicken breasts once or twice. We serve hot with appropriately selected additions.
How to cook chicken in a grill pan?
- chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- a teaspoon of sweet pepper
- teaspoon of Herbes de Provence
- a clove of finely chopped garlic
- pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- Clean the chicken breast and fillet it for 2-3 servings – in the same way as for chicken cutlets.
- Mix oil, peppers, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl to combine the ingredients. We put chicken in the marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Warm up the grill pan strongly when you put your hand over it and feel the heat, it means it has warmed up.
- Put the chicken pieces on such a heated frying pan and fry it on a fairly high heat – for a few minutes on one side. When the chicken pieces on the edges are white-fried, translate the meat to the other side and fry a similar length of time as on the first page.
- Then turn off the gas and leave the meat in the pan for 5 minutes – we must allow the meat inside to come and be juicy.
- We serve whole breasts or cut as in the picture with our favorite additions or add to the salad.